[Wien] elast for magnetic material + curie temp

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Aug 20 10:08:15 CEST 2015

About the Néel temperature, I know two main strategies:
- If you know an analytical formula which relates TN with J values (J: magnetic exchange parameters of your system) then you can estimate TN from DFT calculations. It will require the calculation of all the J's values of your system. Such a calculation of TN is possible for simple systems for which the analytical equation is known (one-dimensional Heisenberg magnetic system).
- In a more general case, you need to include the temperature fluctuation effects on your magnetic system.  To do this, you must go beyond DFT. For instance, doing Monte-Carlo calculations using DFT paramaters will allow you to estimate TN.
Cheers
Xavier