[Wien] reduce memory usage

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Feb 9 12:51:53 CET 2015

If you really have 8 core nodes with only 8G per node, buy some memory.
More standard would be 8 cores with 8G each, I.e. 64 G/node.

1G per core is unreasonably small for a serious scientific computer, many
things will go wrong. You will not be able to handle 72 atoms.

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu
MURI4D.numis.northwestern.edu