[Wien] inverse participation ratio

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Feb 23 09:11:31 CET 2015

I can confirm that the vectors of filtvec are not compatible with lapw2,
but can be used only for lapw7.

(one would need also to update case.energy --> case.energyf )

However, as I'm not convinced that the "bald-number" concept is
useful/necessary, I have no intention to fix this at the moment.

Why not using   x lapw2 -all e1 e2  ? (and TEMP in case.in2)

This concepts works for insulators as well as for metals and can
separate energy regions instead of band-indices, which in my view is
MUCH more useful.
For "separated bands", there is no difference, but for entangled bands
it leads to uncontrollable band-mixing. Take fcc Cu: it makes sense to
separate (as much as possible) the s-p bands from the d-bands. But this
cannot be made by saying "band #1 = s-band", because for some portions
of the BZ this is not true at all, but the first band is actually a
d-band. With energy-windows you can pretty much entable them (of course,
not completely).

PS: The selection of individual k-points I do simply by manual editing
of case.klist and rerunning lapw1.

PPS: Thanks for the suggestions of the UG. I'll update this and include
a statement about filtvec restrictions.