[Wien] inverse participation ratio

Pavel Ondracka pavel.ondracka at email.cz
Mon Feb 23 10:52:46 CET 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 09:11 +0100, Peter Blaha wrote:
> I can confirm that the vectors of filtvec are not compatible with lapw2,
> but can be used only for lapw7.
>
> (one would need also to update case.energy --> case.energyf )
>
> However, as I'm not convinced that the "bald-number" concept is
> useful/necessary, I have no intention to fix this at the moment.
I can understand and I'm willing to experiment with this myself if I can
get some tips about the structure of case.energy file

At the top there are two lines for each atom:
first line: 13 floats terminated with 0.000
second line: 12 floats (some have 999.000 or 997.000 values)
meaning of this is unclear to me.

than repeats for every k-point:

k-point coordinates, k-point number, ???? - don't know this one , number
of energy values, k-point multiplicity

and below that is the list of energy values, is this right?

> Why not using   x lapw2 -all e1 e2  ? (and TEMP in case.in2)

I'm not (yet) convinced that the inverse participation ratio calculated
using this approach would be correct. For one I would need some method
how to choose e1, e2 or I would be introducing an artificial division
that can influence results. And also I would need to have the same
amount of charge in each interval.

I guess it might come close to the expected results if I sample the
energy range by choosing the e1,e2 such as there is total 2.0 charge in
between each step, but I'll definitely need to think about this more.