[Wien] Wien2k installation problem

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Jul 15 10:31:18 CEST 2015

Hi Gavin
why -pthread instead of -lpthread ? The threading library is libpthread and should be linked with -lpthread !
I remembre that I made some ten years ago the remark on that: On SUSE systems (at thae time it was 9.2 and older) one can have a very comfortable setup of the linker
such that it finds the standart libraries by itself. You can check it if you remove the -pthread switch from the linker line and find that Wien2k is still linked correctly.
If not then you may use ldconfig to make your linker environment more comfortable.

Hi Shamik

Below I do not understand why the linker should need the compiler options (LDFLAGS:$(FOPT)) ??

The path to the mkl libraries looks also not standard it seems to point on the PHI libraries,
I think you should first start with a regular setup and try afterwards to make a XEON PHI version running
 (How many PHI's are you using in your system ? I am interested whether the PHI's make sense for Wien)

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University