[Wien] Metallic Behavior of Si 100 layer

Oleg Rubel orubel at lakeheadu.ca
Sun Jul 19 23:08:06 CEST 2015

In addition to that: The surface is truncated in a way that each Si has *two* dangling bonds. Thus two H-atoms per one Si at the surface are needed to passivate dangling bonds. I enclosed a sketch (I hope it will come through) where the proposed changes are shown for one Si atom. Note that the H-atoms are oriented to keep tetrahedral coordination of Si.

I hope it will help
Oleg