[Wien] Metallic Behavior of Si 100 layer

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Mon Jul 20 03:22:58 CEST 2015

One additional thing; the surface Si layer is closer to the second Si layer, 2.30A, compared to the distance between the two internal Si layers, 2.38A. This may be the reason for the "surface conductivity".
This may be caused by the lack of the second H atom that would shorten the Si-Si bond at the surface...