[Wien] Segmentation fault in Supercell Calculation

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Jul 28 20:09:33 CEST 2015

You have what is called a "Segmentation Violation" which was detected by 4
of the nodes and they called an error handler which stopped the mpi job on
all the CPU's.

This is normally because you have an error of some sort in your input
files, any of case.in0, case.clmsum (and clmup/dn if you are using spin
polarized).

1) Check that you do not have overlapping spheres and/or other mistakes.
2) Check your error files, e.g. "cat *.error". Are any others (e.g.
dstart.error) not empty? Did you ignore an error during setup?
3) Check the lapw0 output in case.output0* -- maybe shows what is wrong.

There are many possible sources, you have to find the specific one.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University