[Wien] Boltztrap for spin polarized materials

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sun Mar 8 16:41:41 CET 2015

In a terminal, run:

path-to-BoltzTraP/src/x_trans -h BoltzTraP

Change path-to-BoltzTraP to where BoltzTraP is located on your system.
For example, path-to-BoltzTraP on my system is "~/boltztrap-1.2.5":

~/boltztrap-1.2.5/src/x_trans -h BoltzTraP

In the output, you should see that you need the -up and -dn flags to run
a spin polarized calculation.  However, the spin polarized calculation
needs to be a non-parallel calculation.

The gather_energy.pl in "path-to-BoltzTraP/util" only works for parallel
non-spin polarized calculations, but you could try to modify it so that
it might work for parallel spin polarized and parallel spin orbit
calculations.  I have such a modified file, but it is a bit untested.
If you want the modified file, let me know.