[Wien] TELNES Phosphorus L23 and L1 edge

massimiliano amato mamato84 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:34:35 CET 2015

Dear WIEN2k users,
I want to calculate the EEL spectra of phosphorus.
In particular, I would be interested in simulate the spectrum in the range
between 120 and 220 eV, which should include both L23 (around 132 eV) and
L1 (around 189 eV) edges.
The problem is that with TELNES I can select only one edge (L23 OR L1): if
I select the L23 edge, the calculated spectrum shows a very small peak
which can be distinguished in correspondance of the L1 resonance, but with
a relative intensity negligible if compared with experimental spectra.
Therefore to obtain the "total" spectra, I can only simulate indipendently
sum up the single spectra of L23 and L1 edges.
Is there any way to improve this calculation and simulate simultaneously
L23 and L1 edges in the same spectra?
This question could be obviously extended to all cases in which more than
one edge fall in the same spectral region.
Thank you in advance for your attention,
kind regards

Massimiliano Amato
Distretto Tecnologico Sicilia Micro e Nano Sistemi
VIII Strada, 5 - zona industriale - 95121 Catania (Italy)