[Wien] TELNES Phosphorus L23 and L1 edge

Kevin Jorissen kevinjorissenpdx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:50:16 CET 2015

The small bump you are seeing in your L23 calculation is indeed NOT the L1 spectrum. You must calculate that separately. Each calculation of telnes calculates only excitations from the specified core state.

There is no automated way. It seems easy enough to just calculate twice and add the results, as they are simple additive. It doesn't seem worth it to me to make the interface more complicated to automate several edges.

I do have such functionality in the FEFF code but that is somewhat easier for reasons of methodology and efficiency.

If you need to do many calculations (eg you're scanning a large set of lattice constants etc), a fairly straightforward script can call telnes twice, create a global energy grid, possibly interpolate the spectra, and sum them for each of your cases. This would be the current recommended way. You could also eg read individual spectrum files in MatLab and manipulate the arrays in s more interactive way.

However I'm very willing to listen to your use case in more detail and be convinced. If there is a genuine use case, I'm happy to do the work to support it.

Community input beyond the OP is also welcome.

Cheers

Kevin