[Wien] Determine primitive cell and positions, CXZ LATTICE 15_B2/b

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Fri Mar 20 14:16:57 CET 2015

A slightly tangential comment: unless your CIF came from a neutron
diffraction analysis the H positions can be very wrong. Many refinement
codes such as Shelx are very good, but just put H into "reasonable"
positions as they are unstable in the refinements with XRD data.

In principle the CIF file should have information about how the H positions
were determined.

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu