[Wien] AFM calculations for YBCO6

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Sat May 16 21:15:45 CEST 2015

This is a problem I had studied before, but non magnetic, so I was curious to try the magnetic case; w
With YBa2Cu3O7 you have magnetism and superconductivty! braking one of Matthias rules

The result I got for, YBa2Cu3O6, was that Cu1 MM=0.0007 or "non magnetic" as far as the calculations show.
Cu2=0.5873 with U=4eV
So, you have to study only Cu2 for magnetism.
From my point of view you the most and I would guess only ordering of the inplane spins is like a chess board, alternating un and dn.
the interplanar Cu2-Cu2 ordering can be up-up or up-dn, but since there are no oxygen atoms between the planes the difference should be quite small.

I did the calculation with RxK=7 and 100 k-points with 4 parallel cores, it took half an hour.

In the supercell output you have to delete all the numbers
Ba 1 => Ba, O 1 => O and only number 1 and 2 the Cu as you want to order them
I did;
Cu 00x and 1/2,1/2,x as Cu 1 and later as 'up'
and for 0,1/2,x and 1/2,0,x as Cu 2 and later as 'dn'
Now you can have 00,-x as 'dn' and 0,1/2,-x as up and this gives another ordering