[Wien] How to recognize that which peak of EELS comes from which adsobant ?

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed May 20 21:25:24 CEST 2015

For experimental EELS data, I think there are software programs out
there for that:

EELSTools [ http://www.dmscripting.com/eelstools.html ]
EELSModel [ http://www.eelsmodel.ua.ac.be/ ]

However, I don't know if you can import WIEN2k EELS data into them, and
I'm not aware of any software for theoretical EELS data.

So you might have to do the edge identification by hand.  There is a
book titled "Analytical Electron Microscopy for Materials Science" by
Daisuke Shindo and Tetsuo Oikawa, which you should be able to find on
the Springer website at

http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-4-431-66988-3

In the Front Matter pdf, there is a "Table of Electron Binding Energies
(eV) for Electron Energy-Loss Spectra (EELS)", and it says, "This table
can be used to identify edges in energy-loss spectra".