[Wien] How to recognize that which peak of EELS comes from which adsobant ?

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed May 20 21:33:33 CEST 2015

Good try Gavin, but from the sounds of it he is doing SREELS (surface
reflection EELS).

This is really the wrong place for this type of question, I suggest the
Surface Science list at http://goliath.emt.inrs.ca/surfsci/listserver.html

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Gavin Abo <gsabo at crimson.ua.edu> wrote:

> For experimental EELS data, I think there are software programs out
> there for that:
>
> EELSTools [ http://www.dmscripting.com/eelstools.html ]
> EELSModel [ http://www.eelsmodel.ua.ac.be/ ]
>
> However, I don't know if you can import WIEN2k EELS data into them, and
> I'm not aware of any software for theoretical EELS data.
>
> So you might have to do the edge identification by hand.  There is a
> book titled "Analytical Electron Microscopy for Materials Science" by
> Daisuke Shindo and Tetsuo Oikawa, which you should be able to find on
> the Springer website at
>
> http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-4-431-66988-3
>
> In the Front Matter pdf, there is a "Table of Electron Binding Energies
> (eV) for Electron Energy-Loss Spectra (EELS)", and it says, "This table
> can be used to identify edges in energy-loss spectra".
>
> On 5/20/2015 2:06 AM, Naseem Hassan wrote:
> > Dear all.
> >
> > I have obtained electron energy loss spectrum for different adsobants
> > on the surface for varying concentration. How to recognize that which
> > peak of EELS comes from which adsobant ? How can one determine the
> > types of atoms, and the numbers of atoms of each type, being struck by
> > the beam ?
> >
> > Many Thanks
> > Naseem Hassan

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu
Corrosion in 4D: MURI4D.numis.northwestern.edu
Co-Editor, Acta Cryst A
else has thought"
Albert Szent-Gyorgi