[Wien] large deviation of atomic volume in BiNi compound

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 10 11:25:58 CET 2015

Since you ask for ideas and without really looking at the problem:
Assuming that the experimental numbers are correct, is this a room
temperature structure? The calculations are, of course, ground state
zero Kelvin, so things might go south if there is a phase transition
somewhere. Considering the elements you deal with maybe magnetic? What
are the forces in your calculations?

Good luck,

Martin

---