[Wien] large deviation of atomic volume in BiNi compound

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Nov 10 11:46:58 CET 2015

It seems the hexagonal structure is from a 1962 publication (some journal where I do not have acceess)
there is a much more recent determination from 1999 (ZAAC 625 page 2050) by Ruck
that tells it is a much more complicated structure in space group F 1 2/m 1 (no. 12)
the XRD pattern for both structures shown in Pearsons Handbook are very similar, therfore one may assume that the hexagonal structure might not be the correct one

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University