[Wien] Mapping primitive cell reciprocal vectors to the conventional cell

Priyanka Seth priyanka.seth at polytechnique.edu
Fri Oct 30 13:50:14 CET 2015

Hello,

I am trying to post-process/visualize my results outside WIEN2K and for
this I need data on the k-mesh of the conventional unit cell. I
understand from the manual and the mailing list that different
structures use either conventional or primitive reciprocal lattice
vectors. I am studying a structure with the space group '3139_I4/mmm'
and based on a visualization of the full BZ, and it looks like the
*klist* files use the primitive reciprocal lattice vectors despite the
structure being 'B' which I understood uses a conventional reciprocal
unit cell.

I would like to know if there is any way
1) to ask WIEN2K to work in the conventional unit cell reciprocal basis?
2) to convert from my existing primitive cell *klist to a conventional
cell *klist: I see that conv2prim converts a conventional struct to the
primitive cell, is it possible to do the reverse for the reciprocal cell?
3) to access the matrices that I would need to do this transformation by
hand?

I think all I need is a mapping from the primitive to conventional cell
k points. I am looking for ways to do this both within WIEN2K, if
possible, or using external tools/software.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Priyanka Seth