[Wien] berryPI

nilofar hadaeghi n.hadaeghi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:39:30 CEST 2015

     I really appreciate your help.
I4/mcm is centrosymmetric. I studied the tutorial related to GaN and it
helped me very much. So I conclude to calculate the difference in
polarization, two structures that at least one of them should not be
centrosymmetric are needed, Is it correct?
Would you please guide me whether it is allowed to calculate the difference
in polarization between a strained and unstrained state of a system by
implementing the berryPI on each of them separately and then subtract them
?! if it going to, what does the derived polarization  describe?!
Piezoelectricity(since it is the difference in polarization caused by
strain) or spontaneous polarization?
Best regards,