[Wien] berryPI

Sheikh Jamil Ahmed sahmed5 at lakeheadu.ca
Tue Sep 8 23:06:35 CEST 2015

I would like to add that EuTiO3 seems to be a multiferroic compound
with ground state being antiferromagnetic- paraelectric system (I4/mcm).
Then, under some compressive or tensile epitaxial strain, several types of
transition is possible (For example, antiferromagnetic- ferroelectric or
ferromagnetic- ferroelectric) depending on the magnitude and type of
strain. The following articles address this issue very well.
http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.109.267602

http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.97.267602

Hope that helps.

Sheikh