[Wien] [partially solved] help is needed for case.inkram file (scissors operator)

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Dec 3 17:11:23 CET 2016

Dear Bhamu

The Fermi level when expressed in Rydberg is given with respect to the
printed value in the scf file.

In contrast, by convention the Fermi level is fixed at 0 when given in eV.

In your case, if you have the following data :FER = +0.134 Ry, it means
that you must supply this value in the case.insp file for plotting band
structures.

Concerning the use of a scissors operator (SO), you indeed must define
this value in the case.inkram file. The scissors operator must be
expressed in eV and is not related to the Fermi level. You should first
simulate the imaginary part of the dielectric function (eps2) and then
compare to the experimental data you have. If the DFT band gap is too
small by X eV, you must redo "x kram" with a case.inkram file containing
a SO of X eV.

Regards

Xavier