[Wien] Error running wannier90.x for GaAs spin-orbit coupling wien2wannier

Elias Assmann elias.assmann at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 13:25:03 CET 2016

Dear Dara Golda,

On 12/04/2016 12:29 PM, Dara Goldar wrote:
> I am trying to run wien2wannier on a spin-orbit GaAs - case, but
> experiencing problems when running *x wannier90 - so*.

> I have however confirmed that the files case.amnup and case.amndn etc
> are present in the folder. Furthermore, no files in the WANN-files
> contain any information on errors!

In Wien2k 14.2, the ‘w2waddsp’ section of x_lapw reads

case w2waddsp:
true >$def
…
if (! -s $file.amnup && ! -s $file.mmnup) then
  error "w2waddsp: neither mmn nor amn files present -- nothing to do"
endif
…

I later changed ‘! -s $file’ to ‘! ( -e $file.amnup && ! -z $file.amnup
)’ because older csh versions do not have the ‘-s’ test.  (Maybe it is a
‘tcsh’ vs. ‘csh’ issue.)

Does your csh support ‘-s’ (you can test that interactively)?  What does
‘csh --version’ say?

	Elias

--
Elias Assmann

Wien2Wannier: maximally localized Wannier functions
              from linearized augmented plane waves

                     http://wien2wannier.github.io/
      https://github.com/wien2wannier/wien2wannier/