[Wien] Error running wannier90.x for GaAs spin-orbit coupling wien2wannier

Dara Goldar dara.goldar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 15:01:07 CET 2016

Dear Mr. Elias Assmann

Thank you for your quick reply.

I gave you incorrect information on the operative system I am running, it
is not linux but Ubuntu. Sorry about that.

With the following command, I get some information on the version of
c-shell I am running:

dpkg -l csh

||/ Name             Version          Description
+++-================-================-================================================
ii  csh              20110502-2ubuntu Shell with C-like syntax

I'm not sure how helpful this is for you though.

I am not familiar with c shell, but will try to test whether -s works on my
version or not.

Is your suggestion that I make the following change in x_lapw which you
suggested and then recompile x_lapw?

*I later changed ‘! -s $file’ to ‘! ( -e $file.amnup && ! -z $file.amnup )’
because older csh versions do not have the ‘-s’ test.  (Maybe it is a
‘tcsh’ vs. ‘csh’ issue.)*

best regards,
Dara