[Wien] The self-interaction-correction still exists for U=0

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Dec 20 08:15:47 CET 2016

Dear A. Reggad
Me and all other people are obviously waiting for a clear question,
just "Why ?" is NOT a question someone is able to answer !

When I perform a GGA+U calculation on Fe with -orb and U and J set to Zero then the result (magnetic moment, energy, etc.)
is the same (within the numerical accuracy defined by the convergence criteria)
as the result without the -orb that is purely GGA, and that is what one expects.

If you read the literature more carefully then you find that the self interaction cotrrection appears only in the fully localised double counting correction schemes
but not in the arround mean field schemes.

If you have a different result then provide the details about what you did.
Most probably your calculation is not converged or you compare some apples with pears.

What are the answers from your supervisor ?

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University