[Wien] force difference between LAPW and PAW method

pavel.ondracka at email.cz pavel.ondracka at email.cz
Fri Jan 29 17:04:34 CET 2016

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Laurence Marks <laurence.marks at gmail.com>
Datum: 29. 1. 2016 13:34:23
Předmět: Re: [Wien] force difference between LAPW and PAW method

"

Did you check the absolute cell size for the two - minimize the energy w.r.
t. size?

"

The absolute cell size was fixed (same in both softwares of course) and was
calculated using experimental densities for the mixtures. No minimization
with respect to cell volume was done, however I would expect it to be near
equilibrium. My main goal with those cells is to calculate the XPS shifts of
O1s peak (using the slater transition state method) to help in evaluation of
some experimental XPS data, so I wanted to stick with the experimental
densities.

Would some stress in the cell explain the difference between the methods?