[Wien] force difference between LAPW and PAW method

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 15:56:42 CET 2016

I would expect there to be slight differences in the energy versus cell for
the two approaches, which could easily lead to forces.

That said, I doubt that the forces will have any effect on what you are
trying to calculate. Do a simple test such as a small TiO2 supercell and
displace an O.

---
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University