[Wien] OS and processor instruction error

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Jun 10 18:05:48 CEST 2016

In a terminal:

cd $WIENROOT
./siteconfig
ifort
cc
enter

The default C compiler in the fifth step above should be cc (or gcc).
Did you enter cc (or gcc) for the compiler and then recompile (A in the
eighth step to compile all programs)?

If you are trying to use icc instead of cc, then you might need to check
what your system processors are and specify the processor-specific
options for it.  For example, if you are using the Intel C++ (icc)
Compiler 16.0, the User and Reference Guide for it on the Intel website
should be at:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/581749

In addition to documentation on the Intel website, you can also likely
find the documentation for your specific icc version in folders at the
location where you installed the Intel compiler on your system, which is
usually something like:

/opt/intel/composerxe/Documentation/

So instead of entering

icc

you could try one of the options that should target a processor without
the AVX2, so you could try entering for example:

icc -xSSE4.2