[Wien] [SPAM?] optical properties

Víctor Luaña Cabal victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es
Thu Jun 16 19:02:29 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 01:40:17PM -0300, Dr Antonio Vanderlei dos Santos wrote:

> I wonder about the optical properties.
> It is not clear to me
> what it means

Antonio,

The interaction of light with a material (or a chemical). In chemistry
we should refer to spectroscopic properties. In physics it can be more
general and they prefer optical properties. After all, optics is a very
old part of physics as it includes from reflection and refraction to
lasers and much more. Remember Newton's Opticks.

> The results and figures.

What do you mean?

> Can someone help me?

There are LOTS of books on optics. It is so a vast subject that you
better select a small portion. ¿Want to know about the color of gems?
¿What gives color to a fruit or abutterfly? ¿What is the principle behind
a laser? You really need to select a narrower field!

Best regards,
            Víctor Luaña
--
     .  .    "Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to
    / `' \   think what nobody else has thought"-- Albert Szent-Gyorgi
 |  \'`'`/  | actitud" -- Jorge Wasenberg, 2015
 |  |'`'`|  | (Mediocre is worse than good, but it is also worse than
  \/`'`'`'\/  bad, because mediocrity is not a grade, it is an attitude)
! Dr.Víctor Luaña, in silico chemist & prof. !
! Departamento de Química Física y Analítica !
! Universidad de Oviedo, 33006-Oviedo, Spain !
! e-mail:   victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es   !
! phone: +34-985-103491  fax: +34-985-103125 !