[Wien] Comparison between wien2k calculated and experimental

Karel Vyborny vybornyk at fzu.cz
Mon Mar 21 10:43:24 CET 2016

All right. I don't think it is a good idea to spam the mailing list with
this, so let me continue the discussion privately. If anyone else's
interested, please let me know and I will add him/her to the conversation.

The last thing to mention in an email addressed to the whole mailing list
could be that the calculation I sent included both inter and intraband
contributions and the latter were calculated using the plasma frequency
(obtained from WIEN2k) and DC conductivity which allows the determination
of the relaxation time. To me, this is the only "simple way" to proceed,
the obvious shortcoming being the assumption that there's a single
relaxation time for all bands involved in transport. This assumption is,
to my belief, utterly unjustified and I'd like to improve on this someday.
(Possibly, not for Cu but for some more interesting material.)

If anyone has any thoughts on these (relaxation times in metallic
systems) and is willing to share them, I'd appreciate to know.

Karel