[Wien] accuracy of magnetic moment

Yundi Quan quanyundi at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:16:44 CEST 2016

I started with AFM magnetic structure by configuring case.inst using
instgen -ask. Fe has the same Muffin-tin sphere and local environment.
Initially, spin up Fe has a moment of 2.5, while the spin down Fe has a
moment of -2.5. The Fe Muffin-tin radius is 2.31. RKMax=7  And I used P1
symmetry. There is no warning messages during the scf run. I increased the
k-mesh gradually and did not find any change in moments. The total energy
does not change with k-mesh. There are four distinct types of moments,
1.98, 2.06 and -1.98 and -2.06. Could it be because of spin density wave?
The magnetic configuration that I calculated involve the following magnetic
configuration up up up up dn dn dn dn in a one dimensional chain. Could it
be  that the middle two Fe have larger moment because their nearest
neighbors are all pointing in the same direction?