[Wien] case.klist_band for band structure calculation having R-3c spacegroup

saurabh singh saurabhiitmandi at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:34:35 CEST 2016

Thank you Gavin Abo,
I got your point. As I understood from this forum discussions, for
Rhombohedral lattice one should always use primitive basis coordinate of
high symmetry point for generating case.klist_band using xcrysden. In my
case compound have space group R-3c (167) and lattice parameter sqrt(3a) <
(sqrt2c). So I generated the case.klist_band by manual labeling the high
symmetry point in xcrysden, I have taken the high symmetric point
coordinate in primitive basis from the bilbao server
http://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/nph-kv-list. The band
structure calculation have done along Gama-T-L-FB-Gama-T-L directions. The
primitive basis coordinate used as Gama(0 0 0), T (1/2 1/2 1/2), L (0 1/2
0), FB (0 1/2, 1/2). I dont know what one can take the value of u (it
should be less than or = 1 in primitive basis coordinate),If I know u
value, I could have included one more symmetry point LD(u u u). Can you
suggest the proper value of u.  I hope that I have generated
case.klist_band properly and calculated band structure correctly.
Please give your comment on the way i did the band structure calculation,
if you feel that there is any correction require then give your suggestion
to do the correct band structure calculation
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&q=from:%22Gavin+Abo%22>