[Wien] Query about SOC in WIEN2k

Rajiv Chouhan chouhanrajiv14 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 04:04:21 CET 2016

Dear Peter and Xavier,
Thank you for the reply and detail suggestion for spin orbit coupling
method for two different methodology (Energy and force).

Can you please clarify my doubt in following points:

>>Increase the k-mesh (for the final low-symmetry struct file) to a very
good one AND TEST the convergence. of your results.
I can generate the P1 structure for the system, but how to get the
low-symmetry structure which is valid for all direction (001, 100, 010,
etc).
Is there any specific way of doing?

>> Since the E differences are very small, set the DEs  in case.in1 to a
smaller value like:
0   -4.09      .0001 STOP 1
               ^^^^^^^  DE
Here do I need to set small increment for all the atomic orbitals which has
DE .ne. 0, or for only the specific orbitals which has STOP conditions?

>> During the process of initso_lapw

Here I have confusion in generating the case.inso file. I need more
clarification whether I should copy from SRC_templetes and modify
accordingly or we should generate case.inso with
interactive command initso_lapw? Can you explain case.inso file generation,
Like: when to select RLO for atoms? Do I need to keep kpoints same for all
directions (001, 010 etc)? Should
I generate case.inso file same way for the "force method" also, because as
far as I understood the force theorem is base on non-scf calculation, so
when we choose the new symmetry the
Eigenvalues for different directions changes a lot resulting bad
anisotropy.

P.S: Xavier I am trying to reproduce the result of the mentioned paper.

Thank you,
R. Chouhan