[Wien] Query about SOC in WIEN2k

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Nov 5 22:13:40 CET 2016

Dear R. Chouhan

Just to complete the very nice answer of Peter. I have used the force
theorem as explained by Peter using GGA+U to estimate MCA and in the
cases I have considered it works amazingly nicely.

As Peter said, I was using P1 symmetry and checking carefully the
convergency before including the spin-orbit effect along specific
directions.

Here is an example of what we obtained for CuO (Fig. 3). Similar results
are obtained using on-site hybrid of GGA+U.

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3511

Best Regards

Xavier