[Wien] initso and symmetso (NO inversion symmetry)/ too high symmetry

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Nov 30 14:42:45 CET 2016

the easiest way is to use w2web

use your calculation without SO and then go to the point
initso_lapw in UTILS
and follow it step by step
it will determine the new symmetry for the spinpolarised case with SO (x symmetso)

Note that your final symmetry will depend on the direction of the quantisation axis
that is given by the line
0.  0.  1.                 direction of magnetization (lattice vectors)
in case.inso created in the first step

-

Ciao
Gerhard