[Wien] Is there an effect of SO on the ground state

Abderrahmane Reggad jazairdz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:55:53 CET 2016

Thanks Dr pieper for the rich information within your answer.

Perhaps I didn't formulated my question well . I am not interesting exactly
to the ground state energy , but to the magnetic ground state. As I
mentionned before , I want to determine the magnetic ground state from 5
configurations: nm,fm, afm1,afm2 and afm3 for hexagonal crystal structure
(NiAs structure exatly); and I want to know if the inclusion or not of the
SO coupling affect this magnetic ground state.i.e. without SO , I got a
magnetic ground state , and if I include the SO, may be this leads to
another magnetic ground state.

Best regards

--
Mr: A.Reggad