[Wien] Questions about Na2IrO3 (PBE+SOC+U calculation with magnetic order)

Hung Yu Yang yanghw at bc.edu
Mon Aug 7 00:45:17 CEST 2017

Hi,

For your doubts with regard to (3), my responses are as follow:

The Ir moments are read from case.scf file, but why should it be near
an integer, and what is the unit of the reported moments in case.scf file?
If the unit is bohr magneton, then for a spin 1/2, should it be ~1.7?

The gap can be roughly seen along the k-path I plotted and is checked by
DOS plot, which shows it's an insulator.

Yours sincerely,

Hung-Yu