[Wien] possible bug in site_config for verion 17

Arthur H. Edwards edwardsah3 at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 30 09:39:06 CET 2017

I am attempting to compile Wien2k_17 on an amd linux machine with actual cores that include fpu's, and running ubuntu 16.04. I have compiled fftw3 and installed it in /usr/local/fftw_3.3.7/lib. I am setting the fftw parameters for compilation. I start with the following:

FFTWROOT:              /usr/local/fftw_3.3.7/
FFTW_VERSION:      FFTW3
FFTW_LIB:          lib
FFTW_LIBNAME:      fftw3

so that

FFTW_LIBS:            -L/usr/local/fftw_3.3.7/lib -lfftw3

The problem arises when I save these settings, two menus above. When I then return to the parallel options, I find that FFTW_LIB: has changed to

FFTW-LIBS:                   -L/usr/local/fftw_3.3.7/lib fftw3 -lfftw3

Note that an additional fftw3 intervenes between the directory name and the -lfftw3. In fact, each time I save and return, another copy of fftw3 appears. This renders compilation of fftw3 impossible. I have had a slightly more than casual look at the siteconfig_lapw script, and I can't see where this is happening.

As I am completely stymied at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Art Edwards

--
  Arthur H. Edwards
  edwardsah3 at fastmail.fm