[Wien] my membership to the mailing list gets disabled every 3 weeks

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Feb 1 04:43:12 CET 2017

As Prof. Marks mentioned, I also suspect that it is due to gmail [1] and
mail.ru [2] recently changing to a stricter DMARC Policy (i.e., from
p=none to p=reject).

The DMARC reject policy (p=reject) is known to be a problem that is not
easy for mailing list administrators to address [3], because it
currently seems that a choice has to be made among a list of imperfect
solutions that come with their own pros and cons [4].

For an administrator of a mailing list (Mailman), the possible solutions
listed on the webpage that should be accessible as follows might be of
interest:

1. Go to: https://wiki.list.org/
2. Click "List administrator tasks" (under FAQs in the left menu)
3. Find and click on "What can I do about members being unsubscribed by
bounces of Yahoo user's posts for DMARC policy reasons?"

[1]
https://dmarc.org/2015/10/global-mailbox-providers-deploying-dmarc-to-protect-users/
[2] https://team.mail.ru/why-mail-ru-implements-a-strict-dmarc-policy/
[3] https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC