[Wien] my membership to the mailing list gets disabled every 3 weeks

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 1 22:32:15 CET 2017

Thanks for the information. I browsed through it and found the two
possible options in the mailman config, where one can either "mung" or
"wrap" the from-headers to circumvent the DMARC Policiy.

However, both methods have documented drawbacks, and I'm a bit afraid
that by changing this setting, it may remove the unsubscribe problem for
some of you, but on the other hand, some others will not see the mails
at all or not in proper form ?

At the moment I'm monitoring the bounces and I've also increased the
bounce level, so that unsubscribing should not happen so often (or a
bounce reset will happen in between. After removing all "user not known"
bounces, so far I get only one bounce, probably from an
"Autoreply"-setting of this mail client ?? (I've informed this user in
private).

If this does not help on the long run, I'll consider to use one of these
problematic??? fixes, but as I said, after switching on the monitoring,
there was no bounce for one of the addresses reporting frequent
unsubscription.

Regards
Peter Blaha