[Wien] Regarding bands.agr format

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Jan 4 08:47:52 CET 2017

when you open the agr file with an editor (it is already a simple ASCII file)
then you find that the columns are
#    k       ene     character

otherwise, the data are rather the same as in the ene file just that kx, ky, kz are not printed.

if you have to consecutive   k, ene   points with the same values (within the same bandindex),
then this is already in the definition of the k points when you calculate the spaghetti

(or do you mean you have only 15-20 k points, but the number of k points should be the same for each band ? and must not vary !)

You may either export the bands you need in separate files
or you will have them separated by an empty line in one file
(you may ignore the third column that contains the size for band character plots)

Note if you have e.g. twofold degenerate bands, they may appear twice.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University