[Wien] How to do volume optimization with HUbbard-U+SO+SP

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Jan 13 07:56:41 CET 2017

You write
"But my problem is , I get the same lattice parameter for all the different U values which I was not expected. I am not sure whether my procedure is wrong. In optimize.job I used " runsp_lapw -ec 0.0001 -fc 1" ( I am actually not sure whether this is the right command to include all SP+U+SO in the volume optimization) "

When you realised that the results of the calculations are the same for all U,
did you check the dayfile whether or not the programms orb, lapwdm, and lapwso were running ?
Did you check the output files e.g. case.outputorbup/dn etc. or the scffiles e.g. case.scf, case.scfso etc. ?

... and when I see your command "runsp_lapw -ec 0.0001 -fc 1" my question to you is
   Which switches do you need for LDA  + U etc. calculations ?
   Why don't you use them ?
If you don't tell the program what you like it to do, it will not do it.

"But I am not sure whether I needs to use orb/so since I already added them?"
==> "runsp_lapw -ec 0.0001 -fc 1"
==> NO you did not, why ?

Maybe you should answer my questions to draw your conclusion.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University