[Wien] Fw: Optical property calculation when spin orbit added

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 17:15:22 CEST 2017

A correction on "opticc":

On the page number 176 of UG it is mentioned that: "In systems without
inversion symmetry, the complex version opticc must be executed."

On the page number 177 under the section 8.17.1, we see
run optic: x opticc -so [-up]. So what have followed by Chami was okay.

But, in many threads on the mailing list it is mentioned that for the
complex system we do not need to add "-c: and recent versions of the Wien2k
will take care of it. Also, when we run init_lapw for a simple case and a
complex case, we see for "x dstart" that for simple systems wien2k consider
only "x dstart" and for complex cases it includes "x dstart -c".

Could you please tell me what is the difference between "opticc" and "optic
-c". Do we really need to add "-c" with optic or the latest version of
Wien2k will automatically take care about "-c" switch?

Regards
Bhamu

Dr. K. C. Bhamu
(UGC-Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoc Fellow)