[Wien] Fw: Optical property calculation when spin orbit added

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sun Jul 9 18:10:06 CEST 2017

You should be able to use "x optic -so [-up]" without "-c", because the
x script part of the command should automatically detect and add it if
it is needed [1].  If you are interested in the details of how that is
done, I think it is lines 377 to 381 in the x_lapw script file of WIEN2k
17.1.

Also, there should be no difference between "opticc" and "optic -c".

As seen on line 139 in x_lapw, "-c" sets "cmplx = c".

set cmplx = c

On lines 422 to 423, "opticc" also sets "cmplx = c":

else if ($command == opticc) then
   set cmplx = c

So both "opticc" and "optic -c" will run the executable "opticc" as seen
by lines 1027 to 1028:

case optic:
set exe = $command$cmplx$para

as $command = optic and $cmplx = c such that $command$cmplx = opticc.

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg12330.html