[Wien] question

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Jul 15 04:19:38 CEST 2017

Do you have this:

username at computername:~/wiendata/test$ run_lapw -orb -dm
hup: Command not found.
ERROR: option -orb does not exist !
ERROR: option -dm does not exist !

As was posted recently, a non-spin polarized calculation (run_lapw) does
not have -orb [1].

For DFT+U, you have to use either "runsp_lapw -orb" or "runsp_c_lapw
-orb" [2].  It says exactly that in the WIEN2k 17.1 usersguide [3] in
section "4.5.6 Orbital potentials" on page 47 were it has:

/Note, you must run spin-polarized in order to use orbital potentials./

Also, "runsp_c_lapw -h" for example gives:

-dm   ->    calculate the density matrix (when -so is set, but -orb is not)

So based on the description, -dm could be used if doing DFT+SO:

runsp_c_lapw -so -dm

but "runsp_c_lapw -so -orb -dm" and "runsp_c_lapw -orb -dm" should be
incorrect and just "runsp_c_lapw -so -orb" (DFT+SO+U) and "runsp_c_lapw
-orb", respectively.

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16072.html
[2]