[Wien] kgen -so and case.klist_band

Md. Fhokrul Islam fislam at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 28 15:03:58 CEST 2017

Hi Fatima,

To generate k-mesh with spin orbit you need to use -so switch.

x kgen -so.

hf]

The shape of the Brillouin zone depends on the structure of your unit cell. For example if you
have two rectangular cells with lattice constants, c > a > b and b > a > c, both of them will have
rectangular Brillouin zone. So the high symmetry points, G, M etc should be also same for both.
However, to calculate bandstructure, the number of k-points along a k-path, say G-M path, will
depend on the lattice constants. So to get an uniform distribution of k-points in the entire k-path
you should use the k-path for the structure you are using for your calculation.

By the way, when you run spaghetti to generate bandstructure, please keep in mind you also need
to use -so switch:

x spaghetti -so

best,
Fhokrul