[Wien] optimizing alpha in the hybrid funcionals(YS-PBE0 and B3LYP)

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 2 08:50:26 CET 2017

Hi,

The script that D. Koller was using to run the optic code at each
iteration to calculate the dielectric function epsilon has never been
added to the released versions of WIEN2k. As a simplified procedure,
you can first calculate epsilon with PBE to get alpha once for
all from the formula in the paper (alpha_opt = 0.147 + 0.634/epsilon)
and then use this alpha_opt in case.inhf for the YS-PBE0 calculation.
I would not use B3LYP, since the formula alpha_opt would need to be
refited.

FT