[Wien] Fixed spin moment calculation combined with spin scaling xc

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 16 15:10:48 CEST 2017

It was quite some time ago when I implemented the scaled Vxc.

I looked again into the paper by Mazin and I'm not completely sure about
his nomenclature about E_xc^P. If I assume that this term is just our
(E_x(up)+E_x(dn)) and my "E_c" is his f(chi)*delta epsilon_xc(n), then
spin scaling for the energy is trivial by multiplying the E_c term with
the scaling parameter s.

I've done this in the attached subroutine vxclm2.f in lapw0.

You may test it and see if it gives reasonable results. However, no
tests from my side yet. (Test eg. a non-spin-polarized calc with or
without spin-scaling must give identical E-tot)

Peter Blaha