[Wien] Calculations of Slater parameters (or Slater integrals) for open-shell (3d or 4f) ions

YEUNG, Yau Yuen [SES] yyyeung at eduhk.hk
Mon Nov 6 02:39:05 CET 2017

Dear Wien2k Users,
        I just wonder if anyone has ever used the Wien2k package to calculate the  Slater parameters (or Slater integrals) for the electrostatic repulsion between open-shell electrons of either 3d or 4f ions in a crystal.  There exists the famous Cowan code for those calculations in the free-ion form (or in gaseous state). Prof. Novak has already provided a novel method to employ the Wien2k to calculate the crystal field parameters for the f-shell ions but not for the Slater parameters.  If anyone has a kind of experience, methods or references to calculate the Slater parameters for open shell electrons of 3d/4f ions in crystals, please kindly share with me.

With best wishes,

Yau-yuen YEUNG

[EdUHK_logo]

2nd in Asia and 13th in the world in Education
(QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017)