[Wien] :WARN : WARNING: RKmax reduced due to NMATMAX

chin Sabsu chinsabsu at yahoo.in
Tue Nov 7 17:19:31 CET 2017

Thank you Prof. Alay for a nice hint to solve the problem.
Let me arrange computational facility if I can then I will get back here.
Thank you very much all!

    On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 9:25 PM, M abbas <alayabbas at gmail.com> wrote:

  Gavin and Professor Marks are right insaying that you will need more computing resources (MPI a must) if youfinally decide to use a small RMT for O (in my experience only an RMT =1.1 or smaller works well for O2 dimer's relaxation). That being said, one can usesome workarounds for this problem. The following procedures come handy foroxides, especially when you are interested in computing cohesive energies and thermodynamicstability but don't want to use small RMT of O for subsequent calculations involving oxides and their supercells.

(1) Compute your own cohesive energy(will need MPI and small cluster) (a) first relax an O2dimer and compute energy of a single O atom using RMT = 1.1 andRKMAX = 5.5. (b) work out the cohesive energyE[cohesive_O_rmt1.1] = E[O2_rmt1.1] – 2 * E [O_atom_rmt1.1] (c) compute energy of an O atomwith RMT and RKMAX of your choice (e.g. RMT = 1.6 and RKMAX = 8.0);E [O_atom_rmt1.6] (d) To get the energy of O2 dimer witha (imaginary) RMT of 1.6 add the above computed cohesive energy into E [O_atom_rmt1.6]: i.e. E[O2_rmt1.6] = 2* E [O_atom_rmt1.6] +E[cohesive_O_rmt1.1]
(2) Use an already reported value ofcohesive energy (works fine for small computers)
 (a) Since the cohesive energies of O2for frequently used XC functionals within WIEN2k are alreadyavailable in literature (e.g.https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.75.115131), the energy of O2 dimer with a (imaginary) RMT of 1.6 can be easily had from  E[O2_rmt1.6] = 2* E [O_atom_rmt1.6] +E[cohesive_O_computed_using_wien]
The above procedures are logical butdo not allow one to play much with the RMT values of O2 dimerwithin the muffin-tin model here. I did however perform some testswith a P2 dimer some time ago and found both the methods to be correct.
Best,Alay