[Wien] how to extact...Parabolfit needs small change

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 22 16:13:49 CET 2017

Yes, I agree the current parabolfit programs has a couple of problems:

a) For the 4D-case, it would work only with variations of angle alpha,
not beta or gamma. I've therefore added an option -a/b/g which lets you
select which angle you want to consider in the 4D fit.

b) Yes, the scf selection was not consistent. Without the label:
  -scf '*xxx*scf'   (where xxx stands for a unique identifyer) it was
working properly with the default files, but not otherwise.

The atached parabolfit_lapw -h:

parabolfit_lapw [ -t 2/3/4 ]  [ -f FILEHEAD ] [ -scf '*xxx*.scf' ] [-a/b/g]

should fix both problems.

PS: Nevertheless: for a 4D case and only 15 cases, it is just the
absolute minimum to make a harmoncic fit. Every single "noisy" energy
will completely change the results and I'd trust those results at best
to find an approximate minimum.